Sunday, May 30, 2010

and you can be my philosopher, if i can ride your dinosaur (the week [thus far] in list form):


• white or black decision
• black bowtie on black spiffiness
• too small modern day robin hood fedora action
• high fashion v.i.p. corner
• war paint
• thrown cords
calling out my name
• botw
• incredible new song
• i will never write a song that is that good even if it was my only job for the rest of my entire life
• and the lights, man, the lights
• there are not words crafted to describe it
• you need to see and hear it yourself
• earliest ending show ever of my life
• but still so lovely
• posters stolen from both bathrooms before i could get them
• take the one on the door
• biggest v.i. group ever
• professor mon and the pocket moments
• secret website talk
• increasingly bad cough
• trickling into the homestead
• impromptu ddvm
• loving that no matter how big my friends may get, they still appreciate some ddvm action
• loving the people that are willing to not be too cool to dance
• dancing more than i ever do at real ddvms
• maybe
• at least that's how it felt
• wondering if perhaps i am losing some of my self consciousness
• realizing that i am coughing a whole lot
• and feeling light headed
• and sweating profusely
• keep playing music anyway
• prince and michael will carry me through
• 'burn down the disco'
• watch a little professor brothers and babycakes while slowly possibly dying
• fight off urge to vomit and pass out
• let mos def and a shower rejuvenate me
• enough to rediscover wonderful words
• right before tricking myself into sleep
• meat, meat, meat, pineapple, meat
• thousand yard meat stares
• pole swinging
• and screaming
• and jumping
• and wondering how foolish i will look if that all ends up on a video on facebook somewhere
• but, hey, it was the first time mpj has seen me freak out
• but not freak out in an angry, scary, mean way
• more like a boisterous, funny, jolly, goofy, awesome way
• and people need to know i freak out
• it's so necessary
• and endearing?
• mashing with the masses at costco
• hebrew national
• buns, buns, chips, veggies, meat
• wondering how that fbi special agent felt sitting on a folding chair next to his book waiting for people to come talk to him and ask him to sign a copy
• wouldn't be that strange except that its at the end of an aisle in a costco
• i think i would feel weird and perhaps moderately disappointed that years of service and my literary efforts had led me to a folding chair in a giant big box store in utah
• hoping that guy has a better perspective on his life than me
• breaking bad
• being both confused by and probably totally loving the fly episode
• tony riggy stops by
• and finds vh1 classic
• pleasant walk to riggy's
• birthday cake and salad
• pleasant walk to velour
• sense of place
• quality hanging out with mpj, tony riggy, tyler wedge, chance lewis, et al.
• the bad at school story
• for the second time in a week
• worrying that the story makes me seem... i can't think of the right word... pathetic is too strong. juvenile isn't right. weird is part of it, but not all of it. ungrownup isn't even a real word, but it should be part of the mix too.
• wondering if perhaps i should avoid talking about that and answer questions that lead to that in only the shortest and vaguest ways
• wondering if perhaps i tell the whole, long story as some sort of self-sabotage or preemptive explanation for my weirdness
• wondering why i feel more comfortable with most people after i tell the story
• dogs chase their tails in real life
• with much gusto
• talk of rap songs future
• worrying i won't be able to think of anything
• but i probably will
• and it will have to many multisyllabic rhymes
• and be too vague
• but you'll still be impressed
• giving in to my seve vs. evan nostalgia
• contemplating whether that was the right choice
• carnival funhouse
• missing old friends who have moved on from utah
• i mean, it's all the old songs tonight
• first album mostly
• all the songs they played when we went to every show
• thank you so much for that
• del taco
• sweet, sweet diesel ride
• 7-11 walk
• jay electronica
• especially the exhibit c instrumental
• i need to write something to that
• even if everyone in the world already has or will
• a milli too
• and i need to do that scott chop instrumental
• and a bunch of drawing
• decide to post a blog
• decide i'm too lazy to go back and edit the entry so that the tenses of phrases match
• i really can't be bothered
• so don't judge me
• click publish post

5 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Sorry I'm too lame to dance. One day I will, and you'll laugh for a week straight.

P.S. I like that this post is in bullets.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Pearl said...

I somewhat wish I heard the school story before I witnessed you freak out. I think it would have been less of a shock.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Maddison Colvin said...

I like this. Wish I could've been there to out-dork-dance you.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger adam said...

emily- 97% of the time i'm too lame to dance too. that why i like to dj. you can hide behind cueing up tracks.

pearl - i'm not sure if you mean the freaking out would have been less of a shock or the school story would have been less of a shock. either way, i'm glad it ended up being maximum shock value.

maddison - you will never out dork-dance me. i am the most dorky of all dancers. i am the lord of the dork-dance.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good day. Glad I could be a tiny part of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home