Sunday, May 09, 2010

so that was actually a pretty awesome weekend.
not at all in the way i expected it to be awesome, say, two weeks ago.
and i am still sad i missed that weekend.
and that i'll never get to live that weekend.
but this one was probably much better for me.
more important for me.
a much more recalibrating, set-my-head-straight kind of thing than the other would have been.
and my family is incredible.
and my grandparents are incredible.
and i have them in me.
we are much more similar than i ever perceived.
i just hope i can follow their example.

also, happy mother's day, mom. i'm pretty sure you don't read my blog, but, i'll say it anyway.
without you i would be a crumbled pile of dust and quavering slop.
so, thanks for making me a person. and accepting that person.
talking back, sarcastic lip and all.
love you, mom.

and now, back to your regularly scheduled life of non-eventful events.

2 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Your rhetoric is perfect. All the time. :)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Maddison Colvin said...

The best days are often the ones you don't look forward to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home