Friday, December 24, 2010

we're all born to broken people on their most honest day of living:

i've been listening to listener more and more lately. his words are great.
i wanted to post this song from their album, but i couldn't find it on youtube. so, here's a live one instead.



so I've built a wooden heart inside this iron ship,
to sail these blood red seas and find your coasts.
don’t let these waves wash away your hopes
this war-ship is sinking, and I still believe in anchors
pulling fist fulls of rotten wood from my heart, I still believe in saviors
but I know that we are all made out of shipwrecks, every single board
washed and bound like crooked teeth on these rocky shores
so come on and let’s wash each other with tears of joy and tears of grief
and fold our lives like crashing waves and run up on this beach
come on and sew us together, tattered rags stained forever
we only have what we remember

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home