Saturday, November 27, 2010

we just don't have time for passion anymore / it's all metal poses, plastic petal roses:


for some reason my posts feel off lately. ah well. here comes another one.

my parents have been in town since tuesday night. it's been very nice to spend time with them. especially since i didn't get to go home over the summer. i have been hanging out with them and my sister, heather, and her husband, jesse, every night. and all day thursday. i'm glad i have family that i enjoy being with. apparently not everyone is so lucky.

the only problem is that almost every time i get home, i end up sitting alone in my room feeling melancholy. i'm not sure why. it happens after i hang out with my friends too. somehow it always creeps in.

i am very much looking forward to sims new album. the new songs he did at the doomtree show sounded good. and i've been listening to lights out paris a lot. somehow it perfectly matches my mood of late. here's a bunch of tracks from it that you can scroll past (or listen to).

sims - tape deck


sims - so far so good


sims - so it goes


"... and i just want her to lie with me tonight / lie to me tonight, say it's gonna be alright / (it's not gonna be alright)"


i got a new song idea earlier today. while walking to work. it'll be called 'dear everyone'. or something like that. and if you read this blog regularly then you know this may be the last you hear of it. but, hopefully, i can actually finish this one.


that's probably enough unfocused rambling.

i'm gonna go watch a bit of fry and laurie on netflix. then hopefully sleep.

and if i dream, i want them to be weird dreams of adventures and strangeness. or even horrifying dreams of death and mayhem. just so long as they aren't the dreams of unattainable regular life i've been having. it's the normal dreams that remind me of what i don't have, of the things that are just past my reach, that are the most chilling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home