Saturday, November 20, 2010

thoughts from day one of a beard-free (for now) life:

- my face still looks chubby to me, and most likely will forever
- i really, really want to cut my hair shorter
- partly because, after changing how my face looks, the one thing that my hair does that i really don't like is much, much more noticeable to me now
- it takes people longer than you might think it would to notice that you've cut off your beard
- it begins with them having a general feeling of you looking weird
- then they finally pinpoint it
- i developed a lot of nervous ticks that involved pulling on and/or petting my beard/mustache/facial hair.
- i wonder how long it will be before i stop trying to do those same ticks without any facial hair
- i probably look like i'm about 19
- or, perhaps, just like i did back in the deadlocked days
- when i also looked like i was 19
- i get far more self conscious about this change in face than i ever do about haircuts or bad hair days or bad clothes days or anything else
- i realize that having an entire post about not having a beard anymore is vain
- but so is blogging in general
- and 95% of my blog, specifically
- at least it's not emotionally mopey, right?
- there will be plenty of time for that later
- when i start posting lyrics
- this has gotten off focus
- i swear when i was thinking of ideas for this earlier it was much better
- yeah, i plan out posts sometimes
- you'd never guess from the content
- i just tried to grab my beard
- it is gone

1 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Blogger Maddison Colvin said...

Whhyyyyyyyy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home