Monday, November 08, 2010

this is the post where i stop procrastinating and very ungracefully announce the start of two new projects that i keep stalling on.

the first one is the postcard initiative. basically, i will be hand drawing/painting/whatever one of a kind postcards and mailing them to people. with cheesy handwritten messages on the back. just like, you know, a postcard. so, if you want one sent to you, all you have to do is get me your address. you can email me or send me a facebook message or post a comment here or hand it to me on a piece of paper or send me a text or vocally tell it to me and make sure that i write it down, whatever method you prefer. i will be sending something to everyone that gives me an address (barring some sort of very unlikely and unexpected event like me getting hundreds of addresses), and probably even some who don't. you don't even have to write me back after you get your postcard. though it might be nice to get something besides coupons and credit card offers in the mail.


the second 'project' is as follows. i don't write enough. i need to write more. this project is being undertaken in hopes that it might make me force myself to write. every week i will be posting at least one new verse here on the blog. either just in written lyrics form or in super low quality recorded form. but i will need your help. it will be your task to help me think of topics. you can post either an opening line/phrase or a rather specific topic that you want to hear a verse about. just post a comment of whatever it is. then i will select one and get to writing. for this first week i already have an opening phrase. it comes from my friend kaneischa's blog. in her list of links to other people's blogs and sites and whatnot there is a link for this here blog. and when you mouse over it, it says 'not as quiet as you think.' so that's what i'm gonna go off of.


should be interesting to see if either of these work. especially seeing as they semi-heavily depend on the participation of a blog audience that i'm not completely sure i even have.

ah well. let's see what happens.

4 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kelsy said...

At your leisure, sir, I will be gripping my mail door with white knuckles:

120 F. St. NW #616
Washington, DC 20001

Also, for topics, tiny creatures of fantasy that guide your choices, or an unknown heritage you only recently discovered.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Hooray! Here is my address:

192 E. 700 N.
Provo, UT 84606

And my topic- everything is a clock. See the Radiolab episode on time. :)

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

161 E. 700 N. #15
Provo, UT 84606

We've never actually met, but your Velour posters make me smile.

-T

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger heather said...

I want one! You should have my address already.

Maybe something with unicorns and mustaches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home