Wednesday, April 21, 2010

i feel weird leaving a strangely dramatic and vague post as the last thing i put up for too long. so, i better post something else.

really, lately i've been shook in certain areas.
and i go back and forth between fine and shook.
like, fine in the morning, shook by the nighttime.
but it's probably good. cause i've been a bit too stagnant of late.
the status quo is the standard death row.

and, over the last month or so, i've gotten to meet some very fantastic people.
and get to know some other fantastic people better.
and find that there are people who like me.
not as a sidekick.
or as a thing to put up with for my the chance to hang out with my cooler friends.
and that is a good thing to know.
even if that knowledge doesn't necessarily stick so super well.
even if occasionally it feels like attack of the thirdie.
even if in certain areas it feels like fourth place forever.

i am convinced i will get better at these things.
because i have to.
and because i can.
and, really, it's about time.

so, not to be super lame and quote my own lyrics from a song that probably hasn't been listened to by anyone in at least three years, but i suppose what i'm trying to say is,

i'm not really sad as i seem. that's my confession.


i really need to get back to lyrics (that aren't from super old songs) on here. cause they can be corny and overwrought and vague and ridiculous, but not quite as much as this. haha.

3 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Dear Adam,

A. I discovered your blog the other day and added it to my feed.
B. You don't know how excited I get when the little (1) comes up next to your blog.
C. I hope you are aware that I'm one of those people that likes you.
D. How are those 16 bars coming? :)

Sincerely,

Emily

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've always liked you for more than just a sidekick. Ok, maybe not always. But mostly. You know what I mean.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger adam said...

emily,
a. i noticed that i had a few new subscribers. which is part of why i felt weird leaving my angsty-ness as the last post (though i'm not convinced this one is much more cheery. perhaps i should add one that just says 'i love cheese!' or something). this blog is almost all me venting and posting lyrics that will never turn into songs. so i was worried people would just think i am miserable. haha.
b. thank you. i check all my friend's blogs manually almost every day and i am always so pleased when there is new stuff.
c. thank you again. you're an awesome person to know.
d. first, thank you for asking. second, i am not doing very well on any of my goals of the week. but i am still gonna kill it on friday. so, i'll get at least one done.

bonus. i love that you used letters for each point. i don't know why, i just do.

jen,
thank you. there was a time when i was jared's sidekick (maybe not to you, but others). and sometimes i got tired of that just like i get tired of my occasional sidekick status now. but without it there's tons of people i wouldn't know.

also, i miss terribly our provo days. to the point that i get a little jealous when you talk about fun stuff you do in your life now on your blog. we had such a wonderful tight knit group of awesomeness. alas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home