Tuesday, May 04, 2010

bite your tongue:

all throughout the day today my tongue has hurt. when i took a look at it, around the middle of the afternoon, i could clearly see teeth marks (tooth marks? um... marks made by teeth). all along both sides. and these were pretty deep and clear indentations. it looked like i had been biting my tongue the entire previous night and day. in the literal sense. clamping down on both sides.

it got me wondering if perhaps i have also been figuratively biting my tongue. and that my body was now trying to let me know (albeit in a rather un-clever and all to literal fashion).

i have decided this is not the case. my body is not nearly this subtle with me. ever. were i really worried about something like this, consciously or subconsciously, my brain would just make me really nervous and give me a panic attack or general anxious semi-freakout. much more direct. a tried and true method my brain and body have mastered over my many years of life.

so, mouth, please stop biting my tongue for no reason. in both senses.
but especially the literal one.



on a semi-related note (i.e. the ending of tongue biting), tomorrow night shall be the first of my (hopefully) weekly i-will-focus-on-music-and-lyrics-on-this-night nights. in case you didn't pick up what it's about from that really catchy, hyphen heavy phrasing, i will be picking one night a week (most likely monday or tuesday) to specifically work on songs. i think i shall start slow, with one hour or so of dedicated time. then hopefully i will be able to expand it to four or five hours of quality, focused work. we shall see how it goes tomorrow. especially since i am bereft of ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home