Monday, March 10, 2014

quotes

"... I was your basic craven hermit. I spent most of my time in my room, in love with my walls, hiding out from the world with my fanzines and my records. I thought I was happier that way. I had developed these monastic habits to protect myself from something, probably, but whatever it was, the monastic habits had turned into the bigger problem. In my headphones, I led a life of romance and incident and intrigue, none if which had anything to do with the world outside my Walkman."

Love is a Mix Tape 
by Rob Sheffield
page 50, first paragraph
hardcover first edition published by Crown Publishing, 2007


- A couple times over the last few months I've mentioned to friends that I miss being like that. Solitary and not feeling the need for friends or lovers or anything else but myself. It was probably worse being like that, but it was simple. And through the lens of nostalgia I occasionally miss it greatly. I think the problem is that I no longer know how to be that. But I also don't know fully how to not be that. So I'm stuck here in the middle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home