Saturday, December 24, 2011

my week with marilyn:




i just got back from watching my week with marilyn.
i had read a little at work about it. just some short things that it was good, but nothing that had me super, super excited about it.

i ended up thoroughly enjoying it.
it kind of feels like i saw it at just the exact specific right moment. like over the last little while my mind has been consciously and unconsciously dwelling on just the right things for the experience of watching this movie to ignite a bunch of thoughts. if i had seen it in a few weeks it might have been a completely different experience.

it made me think a lot about the things i find appealing about people. in both platonic and non-platonic ways. how i seem to like damaged or vulnerable people. i have a soft spot for them. perhaps because i identify myself as one. it really helped me clarify the whole concept of the underdogg in my mind. i can't speak for chance, but i feel like we have similar thoughts on what we mean by underdogg and i feel like other people don't really get it. not that it's too advanced or anything. just that we've never spelled it out. it's really clear in my mind now. i just need to figure out how to express it.

i feel like there's so many things i could say about the thoughts that came to mind but this isn't the right forum. i can't give it the time and concentration it would take for clarity here. i wish i had people here to talk about this stuff with right now.

that's actually tangential to another one of the thoughts i had. but i can't explain it right now. haha.

suffice to say that for whatever reason watching this movie was a catalyst for my mind tonight.
and i am really glad it was.

see it if you get the chance.
you may not have the same experience, but even so it's definitely worth a view.

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Emily said...

I love it when you post thoughts like this. Thanks for thinking aloud.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger adam said...

I wish you would have been there watching the movie. We could have had the bestest of conversation after. I was so pumped but none of the right people were here.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Oh man, I wish that too. We'll have to watch it in the future.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home